Internship Opportunities: Legislative and Legal
INTERN WITH THE LEADING CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE ORGANIZATION IN FLORIDA
Legislative Internships – Tallahassee
The Florida Family Policy Council is offering student internships for college and graduate students during the annual Legislative Session. Each student intern will have hands-on experience directly in the legislative process and assist FFPC legislative staff, with the organization’s legislative agenda. College credit can be available with this opportunity.
Legislative Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Directly observe and monitor committee hearings
- Research and write on important public policy issues
- Monitor the advancement of key legislation
- Participate in legislative strategy meetings
- Interact with top statewide leaders in the pro-family movement
Students chosen for the internship positions should ideally have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core issues and core values of the organization
- Strong research, writing and communication skills
- Ability to summarize information quickly into talking points
- Flexible class schedule during spring semester (required time: Minimum of 10 hours per week primarily on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
Summer Legal Office Internships – Orlando Office
The Florida Family Policy Council is also offering a summer internship in the main Orlando office working directly with FFPC President and Attorney John Stemberger. This full-time six week experience runs annually from the last two weeks of June through the end of July and requires relocation to Central Florida for the summer. The internship is designed for law students but highly motivated undergraduate students apply and are selected each year.
Apply for one of our two internships by completing this application.