With school board, municipal, county and state offices up for election in 2014, many potential candidates are preparing now to start campaigning early. American Majority’s New Leaders Project is designed to motivate and equip the hard working citizens across our state to become part of the solution to the problems that they see every day in their communities, from out-of-control town budgets to excessive regulations. It is time for new leaders to step forward as candidates for school boards, town councils and other state and local offices.
American Majority believes that our elected officials should be held accountable for their decisions. If they don’t do the job that they are elected to do, they should be challenged. While running for local office is no simple thing, it can be done successfully with a limited budget, small staff and the proper support and training.
On July 12th – 13th, American Majority will be hosting a New Leaders Summit for those interested in becoming future candidates, campaign staff and campaign volunteers. The training will take place at the Calvary Chapel Campus located at 2401 W Cypress Creek Rd Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. This event will feature special guest speaker, Col. Allen West.
To view the event flyer, click here.
REGULAR PRICE REGISTRATION FEES:
- Friday dinner only with Allen West: $75.00/person
- Friday dinner and Saturday training: $125.00/person
- Saturday training only: $75.00/person
Thanks to American Majority, the EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE 30, REGISTER NOW WITH THESE EARLY BIRD PRICES!
- Friday dinner only with Allen West: $50.00/person
- Friday dinner and Saturday training: $100.00/person
- Saturday training only: $50.00/person
Friday, July 12, 2013
- Candidates and Campaign Manager training starts at 4:00pm – 6:30pm
- Allen West Dinner 7:00 – 9:00pm
Saturday, July 13, 2013
- Candidates / Campaign Managers / Grassroots Activists Training
- 8:30am – 4:30pm
Topics* will include:
- So you want to run for office: Often deciding if you should run is one of the toughest decision of a campaign. This presentation will go through the basics of what to expect, how to decide if it’s right for you, and most importantly, how to determine where to run.
- Public Speaking: It is so much more than just the words that you say- find out what your mannerisms, presentation and words say about you, and how to effectively communicate your views to your constituency. (Interactive session)
- The System: In this presentation we breakdown the progressive rise and how their efforts over the past 100 years have build the system we now face. We take a deeper look at that system and explore areas of reinforcement within government than can be broken down and exploited to bring about a more transparent and accountable system.
- Fundraising: The one thing every campaign needs, and can never get enough of is money. Who to ask, how to ask, how much to ask for- these are all important questions that you need to have answered before you start fundraising.
- Instant Activism: Is your organization pressed for time? This 3-hour long session covers everything your organization will need to know about getting involved at the local level. From effectively telling your story to turning out voters on Election Day, Instant Activism is a great introduction for even the greenest of grassroots activists.
- Precinct Power: Knowing what a precinct is and why it’s important is the key to impacting the vote tally in your community. Crunching the numbers, making sure that precinct captains are in-place, and making sure the voter registration logs are up-to-date are crucial to getting the results you want.
- Social Capitalism / New Media: In this new media presentation the value of social networks and how to invest in your “brand” online. Political campaigns are built and ruined on one’s reputation. We can control what others see and read. In this presentation, we will take a look at how to manipulate Google search returns and increase brand awareness through social media. This presentation can be customized for your audience’s skill level and interests.
- GOTV: Boots on the ground are essential for any campaign victory, but first you have to find them. You also must have the necessary knowledge of your district or precinct, the equipment they will need, and the infrastructure to direct them in the last minute push to find your supporters, and get them to the polls.